If you want to succeed in the highly competitive market, you need to choose the best-suited technology. Its sounds like an easy thing to do. But business owners face a hard time in choosing the perfect tool to develop mobile apps.
However, smartphones become the most popular devices around the world, and their users have almost doubled within five years. According to Statista, the total number of mobile users is 3.66 billion that reached 6.37 billion in 2021, and is expected to grow 7.51 billion by 2026.
Today, with such rapid growth in the mobile development market, it is essential to build engaging apps. If you are a business owner, you know creating an app has become the need of every business. And, it is also a great challenge to choose the best platform that helps to build native apps for Android and iOS devices. So, Flutter and React native are the best cross-platforms for mobile app development.
Top Cross Platforms
The use of mobile devices is increasing in our everyday lives. So, using user-friendly cross-platforms for mobile app development is crucial. It is even estimated that mobile apps help generate high revenue. In 2019, global app revenue amounted to $581 billion and is projected to make $935 by 2023.
Flutter and React Native is the most famous name for the development of mobile applications. And, still, their adaptation is continued by global developers. As per the survey in 2021, Flutter is the popular cross-platform, and React Native is the runner-up.
Therefore, it is imperative to have a look at these two cross-platforms. So, without more ado, let’s read this blog!
Do you know what exactly flutter is and what features it offers? Flutter is the interface developing tool that uses a programming language called Dart developed by Google. This platform targets the desktop, web platforms, and other mobile apps from a single codebase. A comprehensive benefit of using flutter over different UI toolkits is that it permits multiplatform applications and helps developers to build expressive UIs.
- React Native
React Native is another big name among cross-platforms mobile development frameworks. It is designed by Facebook that is open-source. Whether you want to build a mobile application or web application, they can easily build by React Native. It even allows users to integrate desired features without the hassle
Pros & Cons of Flutter
A long time ago, Symbian and Windows mobile left the market. Now, Android and iOS are the two mainstreams for mobile development. So, Flutter is designed for both of these platforms with a polished framework and has impressive features.
In this read, you will read the pros & cons of Flutter. Let’s begin!
- Advantages of Flutter
Flutter is the top cross-platform that has a simple user interface. And, it is created by the Google community in order to improve the growth and development of native apps. This platform is one of the best open-source platforms with a complete development system. Here you read the benefits of a Flutter:
- It gives seamless integration to effortlessly run with objective C, Java for Android, and swift for iOS.
- Code provided by this platform is shared easily that makes it best for MVP development
- It provides vivid Google based widgets
- It creates high-quality code and gives better performance than other open-source frameworks
- It gives a fast iteration cycle that saves build time
- It helps to build customized design apps to deliver an engaging user experience on both iOS and Android devices
- Its UI is apart from native UI
- Have the ability to create progressive web applications
- It has a hot reload feature that helps to fix bugs and add new features easily
- Disadvantages of flutter
The aforementioned are the top benefits of using flutter. But you know “every coin has two sides”, so there are some cons of flutter in certain circumstances, mentioned below;
- It offers limited options for third-party tools and libraries
- The mobile user needs enough memory to store larger applications
- Flutter needs programmers who know DART first
- Acquire more time and high effort for the development
Pros & Cons of React Native
- Advantages of React Native
React native platform has a mature framework, and it’s made a remarkable name in the mobile development world. React native uses a platform that renders APIs without HTML and CSS requirements. Below read the benefits of React Native:
- This app interacts with native iOS and Android elements and creates API codes that are free of interference
- It provides a robust ecosystem and UI libraries to render improve app’s appearance
- Finding a good developer is easier
- This application allows to build small and large applications easily
- It provides accessibility to debugging tools
- It gives a modular design that means developers update the app immediately
- It has a mature framework with a steady API
- It is a handy addition for ReactXP and web libraries
- Disadvantages of React Native
Not all cross -platforms development tools are perfect on every side. So, the react native also has some limitations.
- This app is not suitable if you want to build a mobile app with multiple transitions
- It has a complex user interface and its native API rendering does not support certain native UI components
- Its navigation is not too smooth that affects its performance
- This app is not a good choice for the application that include heavy animations and games
To Wrap Up the Things
The mobile app development companies experiencing a transition period and moving towards the developing cross-platforms. Either you want to choose React Native and Flutter both are designed as per today’s business requirements. They would make sure to faster deployment, multiple platform support, lower costs, and reusable code.